Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Updates galore, and a spastic eyelid....

Ok, we'll get the foot thing over with first. We went to the Dr. yesterday and he took the cast off. Rather than putting a new one on, he decided to help me out (so much, you'll never know) by putting hubby in a removable boot!!! He is to keep it on at all times, so it's like a cast, but I can take it off to treat his wound... AND best of all, hubby can shower without it (no more struggling for 1/2 hour just to get the cast "water-proof"... that was a total nightmare). The Dr. said that it's to the point now, that soap and water are the best things for it, and I am to get aggressive with cleaning it out (which makes me feel faint, just thinking about it), using a soft brush (forget that!), or a washcloth to scrub it. UGH. Anyway, I'll just try to focus on the fact that a shower will only take 45 mins, instead of well over an hour. The Dr. also did x-rays and said the joints were fusing together great. That was very happy news, and he is pleased with how the bones are doing.

Hubby's job update is next. We have decided to just really tighten our belts and have him stay home this whole month. I feel a lot better not worrying about him at work right now, or when they will let him back. His boss(the wonderful "friend")hasn't even called since the foreman(scumbag asshole)sent him home! Isn't he wondering how we are going to make it with hubby out of work?? It's unreal. BTW Diva, he isn't union, there is no state disability in Arizona, you have to be disabled for a year to get Social Security Disability and have it be provable... which at this point the only documentation is what he's had done since July. Even though he had a debilitating condition with his foot his whole life. Our only recourse at this point is the ADA, but I am holding off on that for now until I talk to the bastard (friend/boss), because threatening law suits could cause them to let hubby go for good. And yes, Harmony, they are a bunch of idiot fucktards.

Mother-in-law update... she is in San Diego, living in a 5th wheel that she bought and we never hear from her. Which is the best thing that's ever happened to me, but is very sad for hubby... who feels like he lost both his parents. It makes me cry, how cruel she is to him.

Update about me. I am pretty good. It's getting hot here again, but I think it's the last hoorah before fall really sets in. It was so nice and cool last weekend, I can't wait for it to be like that every day. I'll be able to take the doggies to the dog park, and for walks.... which I need desperately too, so I can lose some weight! I've gained 40 lbs in the 2 years since I was diagnosed with Iron Deficiency Anemia... which sapped my strength and at my worst point, caused me to sleep 18 to 20 hours a day! Anyway, my last two bloodworks have been 100% normal. This is due to 4-hour long iron infusions every 2-3 months. I will need them for the rest of my life, but this is the longest I've gone without needing one! It's been since February. So now I can get some exercise. The only thing else I have going on is an eyelid that is fluttering and driving me nuts. I get this fairly often and it lasts for days... help.

3 comments:

Harmony said...

@ Removable boot...Hell yeah! I am really excited that you guys get some what of a break...even if it is a removable boot...I wish I had the power to zap heal...because I would heal his ass (err...foot) up!

@ Hubby's work...I freaking knew they were fucktard idiots..but thanks for clarifying...I am gonna add in...fartface assmunchers too...might as well add to the list.

@ MIL...I think them bitches be crazy...I hope it's not everyone though...as I hope to be an awesome MIL. But if it's in the cards and the universe decides that I must be like my MIL...any future daugther in law I may have...I feel awfully sorry for.

On you...Yeah, I am glad that your blood work it coming back at a 100%..can't hate that shit. I too am in need for some weight loss, majorly so on my end...I have no real medical reason for my weight though...just a lot of stress and bad eating habits. LOL And the spastic eyelid...I had one of those once, it went off whenever my ex-boss would start talking...I think it was a stress related thing...it should go away...I hope!

Anonymous said...

My husband snapped his achilles playing basketball a couple of years ago. He did NOT have a removable boot. Fun times.

I am with you on needing to lose weight. I got a new job in April with free food, so needless to say, I've packed on a good 12 pounds of crap food weight. More fun times!

Harmony said...

Hey girl...how's your eyelid and your hubby's foot...is life treating you any better? Things here have been kind of crazy and I am ready for some settling down...stat! LOL