Friday, October 10, 2008

Meme: 5 rad things about me, myself, & I

Given my state of mind lately (just call me Negative Nellie), this is going to be a bit of a challenge. But as Peter Pan says on his ride at Disneyland (over and over and overandoverandover while you're stuck in line), "Come on everybody, here we goooooooooooo!"

1. I am very compassionate. This makes me a good caretaker of people, and very good with any, and all animals.
2. I have a great work ethic. I have had only 7 jobs in 27 years, and that's counting summer or part time jobs when I was a teenager. The longest I've held a job was for 14 years at a veterinarian's office before we moved here. Even though I spend most of my time at my current job surfing the 'net, and blogging- ha!, I always make sure my work is done first, and my office is clean, neat and organized. There is so much down-time that I'd go crazy if I didn't have my computer here. But work always comes first.
3. I am very good at spelling, alphabetizing, and reading. I hated the first two subjects in school (always loved reading, though), but most of my jobs involved alphabetizing and so now it's second nature to me. I've seen how bad spelling can affect a person's view of someone else, and it's super important to me to spell correctly. If I don't know the correct spelling, I grab my dictionary right away! Guessing isn't an option!
4. I'm not a quitter. I've fought and persisted my way through unbelievable amounts of crap in my life. Not the least of which has been my marriage. We've been through so much. Not between the two of us, so much, but suffering through outside interference time and time and time again. I love my husband, and that's enough for me to stay with him forever. I will also stick with a project, or chore, until it's done. No matter how hard, tiring, or frustrating.
5. I (like to think I can) make people laugh. It's HUGE to me, for people to think I'm funny. I also have to have people who make me laugh in my life. I don't have many friends here, so thank God I found all you bloggers who crack me up every day.
**Bonus rad thing**
I'm very organized. I love to take a messy space and go to town on it. However, while this is a rad thing overall, it can be dangerous. I can get way anal over it. Like cleaning the house, for example. I'll end up cleaning for like, 8 hours straight when I get on a roll (which, thankfully, isn't very often), and just collapse (but not until it's done!!).

I'll tag 5 other people, but I don't know who reads my blog enough, except for Harmony, so if there are lurkers out there and you feel like it, I'm taggin' ya! Also, if you'd want to say hi in the comments, I'd sure like to meet you!

1 comment:

Harmony said...

Holy crap...I love your 5. I too was not in the mood to be "rad" while doing my Meme...I have had some craptastic things happening over here...but can't quite get words around it. So yeah...I was a little bit of a Downer Deb with my 5...but it is all true, so it works...right? Maybe when I am tweaked out on high spirited feelings I will redo my 5. But I like yours...I am so awful at spelling. How's the hubby's foot?