Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tomorrow's the big day!

Yep, you heard right, folks. Tomorrow is the first day of our new lives. My hubby is going to get his foot fixed! Hooray! It has been a long, painful 18 years together (longer for him), and I just know he will see a side of life that he doesn't even know exists. Pain-free. It's a miracle. As you can tell, I am very excited for him. This is a major surgery, his Dr. said his foot is about as bad as you can get. He will have a complete reconstruction, and the good news is, that he will still be able to flex his ankle. Very good news for a drummer...LOL. Anyway, I am nervous of course, it's surgery after all, but my positive feelings far out-weigh the worry. We have to check in at 8:15, and his surgery is at 10:00. They are making special arrangements to do it on a Friday, which they don't normally do surgery on Fridays, so I can have as much time with him at home as possible. We have such a great Dr. and hospital here.
I am taking next week off work, so hopefully I should have some time to blog. We will both get some much-needed rest, that's for sure. Well, we will get rest if my step-daughter and 2-year old grandson go home this weekend. Otherwise it will be chaos. She'll probably get mad and leave anyway, because I will not put up with the crap that's been going on since she came 2 weeks ago! My house is a disaster area, and she lets him run wild. I've been teaching him how to behave, and you can tell that he is relieved to have some structure and boundries! It's amazing that he's such a good kid, in spite of her and her lame boyfriend (who just lost his job). Ugh. I've been on an emotional roller-coaster for weeks now, and I think it's catching up with me. I am planning on taking a little weekend trip to see my sister when things calm down and hubby is healed enough. I need to get away!!!! Where the hell is the Calgon?! :)

1 comment:

Harmony said...

Hooray! You truly have waited such a long time for this day to come. I am so excited for you and your hubby...I know this will help immensly in the long run. I wish for him a speedy recovery..and lots of alone time with you! Please give us updates and let us know how he is feeling.