Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Onward and upwards

I can see the surface of the water as I'm floating with the bubbles up to it.
That describes my life right now perfectly. Good things are happening here and there, and am I glad!

First and foremost, hubby is recouperating well from his surgery. He ended up staying at the hospital 3 extra days, because they were having a hard time getting his pain under control. They finally found the winning combo of drugs, and amazingly enough, now that he's home he's hardly had to take any pain pills! The hospital was great, our main nurse was an angel... she arranged to have a hospital bed brought in the room for me, and three meals a day when hubby got his. I couldn't believe it. I guess they saw that I wasn't going to leave his side, and I was actually a help to the nurses with my medical background. Anyway, he is getting around home with a wheel chair and crutches. The Dr. was so impressed with how well he is healing that he put a cast on it 4 days post-op, instead of 3 weeks post-op! That was a big improvement, believe me. I was having multiple heart attacks worrying about bumping his foot while it had the soft wraps on it. So we are getting through this. He has his good days and tired/sick days. I was off work with him all last week so we could get in a routine, and now I'm back at work... not happy about that really, but I have no choice.

Second good thing, stepdaughter left the weekend hubby was in the hospital. We came home to a quiet house that my sister-in-law (bless her heart) had cleaned up the best she could for me. I truly think I'd be in a straight-jacket if s-daughter and g-baby were still there. I miss the baby, but enough is enough.

Third good thing, my MIL is putting her stuff in storage and going back East to visit relatives for an extended time. If I listed all the ways this woman is a nightmare, it would take me years. I just thank God that she won't be living with us, or even in the same town anymore... I have a feeling she'll move back to San Diego when she's through riding her broom all over the east coast. She is a miserable person.

Fourth good thing, MIL is paying us back for the arrangements for Pop. We paid for everything, none of the other kids or grandkids offered to help at all, and MIL said nothing about it at the time, but she gave us a check for 1/2 the cost the other day, and the other 1/2 in a couple of weeks. I'm sending it straight to the credit card company!!!

Fifth good thing, it is cooling down a little here, I can feel Fall coming. It's only been 105 the last few days! LOL!!
Seriously, I love the Fall here in the desert. It is truly coming. Soon it will be in the 70's during the day and gorgeous, and crisp at night in the 50's. I can't wait!!

1 comment:

Harmony said...

YAY! I am glad to here that your hubby is having a speedy recovery! I am also happy to hear that you were able to come home to a clean and quiet house as those are a necessity for recuperating.

I laughed out loud at the thought of your MIL riding her broom all over the east coast...I think that sums up MIL's quite nicely....I will have to remember that..that was just great!!!

I must also add...that it's great to have you back blogging...I love your blog, so keep up the good work!

I am slowly coming out the funk I was in...and I am trying to get caught up on everything I missed...thanks for keeping us updated..I had worried when there was a gap between posts.