Thursday, September 25, 2008

The good, the bad, and the ugly

The good: I have been working on getting our house re-financed since February. I have been through 2 loan companies and 5 loan agents. It has been a nightmare, to the point that one of the two guys I've been working with the most said, "They really need to write a screenplay about this loan!!". I agree. The whole ordeal is a ridiculously long post in itself. I'll spare you the details (for today, anyway!). {{Que fanfare}} WE ARE SIGNING CLOSING DOCS THIS AFTERNOON!!! Woo hoo! I can't tell you how happy I am that this is finally over. We are getting a great interest rate, fixed 30-year, and it's FHA. We'll save a couple hundred a month, and the first payment is due Nov. 1st. I am SO glad I stuck with it. I have to give major huge props and hugs to my main guys who got me through it... Jake Schering and Spencer Erickson at Quicken Loans. All I can say is, if you ever need a loan, Quicken is the company and these guys are the very best. I'm so grateful for their help.

The bad: I'm not feeling well today. I am super tired and cranky. I guess everything is catching up with me? See below...

The ugly: Hubby's foot. The Dr. took his cast off Monday. There is a huge, deep, pressure ulcer on one side of his foot, just above the incision. He had to dig the staples out and clean the sore (ulcer) which caused hubby terrible pain. I have never been so horrified in my life. He was almost screaming, and he has a very high tolerance for pain. I have a strong stomach when it comes to surgery and wounds, but I guess it's different when it's someone you love more than anything. I didn't know whether to cry, throw up, or hit the Doctor! The incision on the other side of his foot and the one on his heel looked perfect and the staples came out without too much trouble, but I was completely unprepared for this to happen. Anyway, after traumatizing both of us for 25 minutes, the Dr. put some ointment, a soft bandage and wrap on the area and told us to come back Wednesday (yesterday). The Dr. had taken off the wrap and was putting a new cast on when I got there, and cut a window in the cast to relieve pressure and to be able to treat the area. I have to change the gauze packing every day and cover it. The Dr. says it will heal no problem, and that sometimes this happens, but I am still really upset about it. It looks terrible, and I am just SO MAD that he has to go through this! We are going in for a re-check on Monday. I hope he says it looks better.

2 comments:

Harmony said...

Congrats on the loan!!! I am impressed that you stuck it out, as I would have thrown my hands up long before an approval...I don't know why that is..but I tend to give up easily..NO means no (hehe).

So sorry to hear about the hubby's foot, sounds absolutely terrible. I have had 1 surgery and post treatment was the worse thing I have ever been through...I would not wish it upon my biggest enemy. ((Hugs)) for both you and the hubby...and I am sure with such an attentive wife as you, by his side tending his wounds..he will get a great report come Monday.

*fingers crossed*

Harmony said...

Today is Monday...and I just wanted to let you know, that I expect an update! LOL...But really, I hope the appointment goes well!