Friday, August 1, 2008

Crisis averted....for now.

So yesterday I met with the backstabbing friend (aka hubby's boss). He wanted to talk to me, alone, because he said he can always get the 'real' story on what's going on and how I feel. So I gave it to him alright... and in the process, woke him up to several things that were going on in his own company that he didn't know about. One of which was that the P.O.S. wannabe supervisor told hubby that his pay would be cut or he'd be fired. He swore he didn't know that threat was made, and I told him he'd better get more involved with what was going on there! You know, he's been so stressed out, so much is going wrong, blah blah blah, that he isn't paying much attention to the shop. Whatever! So I told him that it was complete f*****g bulls*** that we'd been under so much stress for the last 6 weeks due to the threat that was made. I told him I was practically vomiting with fear every week when we'd get hubby's check, wondering if this was going to be the week it would be cut in half. He said his main concern was hubby's health deteriorating so much in the last 3 years and as a result, his work performance was declining severely. I asked him why he thought that was?! We didn't come over here to have hubby work himself to death and worry himself sick over money...we were told it would be easier and better! He's known what hubby's condition is, for over 20 years!!! I told him that not one single day since we came here has been easier or better for my hubby! Or me!!! Anyway, he wanted to make sure we were going through with the surgery and get well, so he could justify paying him what he does, and more, in the future. I wanted to make sure his job was secure...and the pay not get cut, since we were moving forward with our plans. I also demanded that he "call off the dogs", meaning his idiot "supervisors" and their pussy-ass punishments. And I worded it exactly like that too! I told him it was making a bad situation worse and it needed to stop now! So it was a long, stressfull week, culminating in this meeting which almost gave me a nervous breakdown. But my hubby was right, he said, "You are a lot smarter than him, and you don't have to worry about what you are going to say, or how to answer, because we have the truth on our side!" So it was ok. And I sure hope it will stay that way for a while now. I am still a bit skeptical though, he said so many things before... I hope to God he goes through with what he told me he'd do yesterday.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

"and their pussy-ass punishments." ~ I loved this part of the post!! Your hubby is right you have truth on your side..nothing can get quite better than that!! Isn't it always up to the women to get to the bottom of things...nice to hear that there are others like us out there...backing up our husbands that is. I am glad that you are feeling at ease...and yet understand your skepticism. I hope he gets his management under control...as now he has been told, and cannot deny knowing any longer. Best Wishes!!