Friday, March 12, 2010

That's life (that's life), that's what people say.....

So. Here I am. It's a beautiful day today, and I am off work in 52 minutes. I can hardly wait to get out there in the fresh air and sunshine. It has been one HELL of a week, but I am going to go with the flow and just move on.
Monday our house went up for sale/auction or whatever happens when the bank won't let you keep it... even though we've been negotiating/fighting with them since September. We actually haven't been able to pay a regular payment since July, but they wouldn't even talk to me until the loan was 2 months overdue. It looked for a while like we might be making some headway with them, but toward the end (the last month), my hubby and the guy who was trying to help us with all this were only able to get through to people in Costa Rica, or Honduras. They are the "guard dogs" of the actual bank negotiators who can actually do something to help people like us. There was NO getting through to a negotiator in the U.S., no matter how hard we tried. And they call themselves Bank of "America"... HA! That's a big, fat lie.
Anyway, we kinda had a little heads-up that this was going to happen as of last Friday so we started looking for a place to rent last weekend. We have been looking all week and have some more looking to do this weekend. I really don't know how we'd do it if my hubby wasn't home, he's really good at this kind of thing... but if he was working right now too, we'd be screwed. So that's good. It's been a challenge finding a place that we can make work because we live in a small town and we have a 2 dogs, a motorhome, boat, 2 trailers, the step-daughter, the grandson, and (yes, you heard it right) the MIL is coming back!!! She is actually going to be living in the house with us... I'm worried, but she seems like she's finally seen the light about what a good son she has, so maybe it will be ok. I just really don't know why I have to keep putting up with the two most toxic people in my life, but I figure God has a reason and it will all be worth it some day. Our goal is to find a place that isn't too expensive, and with MIL's help we can save some money and hopefully be able to buy another place in a year or two. It's not such a far-fetched idea, since many homeowners are carrying the papers for buyers with a moderate down payment. I'm sure things won't be too different in the next couple of years as far as the economy and home prices will still be low.
My sister had quite a health scare in October, there is a mass on her lung and our family has been very worried about her, she had a biopsy a couple of weeks ago, and it isn't cancer (thank God), but it does cause her pain at times and now they have to figure out what caused it and how to treat it. She is my very best friend and I love her so much, I would absolutely fall apart if anything happened to her. It's always been her and I, we grew up in little towns where friends lived too far away to play with except for at school... so all we had was each other. Then in later years, after my mom and dad divorced, it was my mom, my sister, and me. We are very, very close.
I'm so lucky to have them! And my hubby, and my friends, and my Harmony, and my doggies, and my angel baby grandson...LOL. Life can be good in the midst of chaos!

1 comment:

Harmony said...

You are absolutely the sweetest person. I love how close you are to your sister...I'm the same way with mine (I have 4). I do hope that they are able to find some solutions for your sister soon and I am SO thankful it is not cancer. Whew!