Thursday, September 24, 2009

I never thought I would be a statistic...

We are about to lose our home. There, I said it. I can't tell you how difficult it is for me to accept that this is going to happen. I am a fighter by nature, and this is a terrible admission. My husband hasn't worked since March, is collecting unemployment, and I am only working part-time for his foot doctor. In other words, our income is roughly 1/3 than it was when we were both working full-time.
The company he worked for (owned by the 'friend' we gave up everything for and moved out here to work with), closed and the 'friend' moved back to San Diego. There is no more band (I didn't even get a chance to perform in front of an audience), and the 'friend' had the audacity to complain about the fact that his job waiting for him in San Diego with Costco only paid $21.00 per hour. He actually said this to my husband who has NO JOB, NO PROSPECTS, LIMITED SKILLS, IS ALMOST 50 YEARS OLD, and don't forget, GAVE UP EVERYTHING TO WORK WITH HIM!!!!!
It makes me sick. But then, what else is new? I'm sick all the time now. The stress is really wearing on my health, and I still haven't been able to get my iron infusion that I've needed since January. At least I'm not hungry, therefore not eating, therefore losing weight. The stress diet is a sure thing for me.
I remember thinking everything I went through last year was so horrible, well, this year has really put it all to shame. My MIL moved back to San Diego (again), but the DIL and grandson are still living with us (of course!) and it is just awful. The whining, the melt-downs, screaming, and crying from him... and piss-poor attitude from her are making me want to give everything up. I really don't know why I am fighting to keep the house and going through the nightmare of trying to get a loan modification, if all I can see in my future is what I'm having to deal with now. I have started to leave twice now, she's been threatened to be kicked out twice now. But really, what does that solve? I leaves our grandson with no home and neither one of us can stand the thought of that. If I leave, I lose my hubby and break both our hearts. But honestly, I'd rather leave and have his broken heart on her conscience (knowing it was her fault), than having his broken heart on my conscience for kicking the grandson to the curb with her (and having it be because of me).
I just don't know what to do. Always before, when there was trauma and drama to get through for my hubby, there was a light at the end of the tunnel. "Well, the kids will be grown and gone someday", "Well his parents are old, and this won't last forever", "Well, it's worth it because we are getting our dream house", "Well, we gave up our dream house to come here and lose everything, but we still have each other." And now, I don't feel like I even have that. I have given up everything for him and his family and it's gotten me nowhere. My dad has little to nothing to do with me because he was shoved to the side for so many years, and my mom and sister too... although they forgive me and we are on good terms.
I have never felt like this before, I feel lost and alone. I don't know who I am, or where the real me went... or when she was gone for good.
I'm tired. Tired of crying, tired of complaining, tired of reasoning, tired of giving in and giving up, tired of explaining, tired of being angry and bitter.
I'm sorry.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

I don't know how I missed this post! Oh Michelle, I am SO sorry to hear that things have been so hard on you lately.

I can relate with waiting for the "light at the end of the tunnel" to come into view. In fact I was just lamenting this morning, that I still like I am waiting for my life to begin..what an odd thing to think.

I don't know what to say about your DIL..she is obviously a handful..a shitty handful. AND..you know how I feel about your hubby's "friend"..I, literally, feel ill just thinking about it. The word sorry, has never felt so insufficient before. Yet it sits anxiously on the tip of my tongue, eagerly awaiting release. I am truly sorry for your hardships.

I hope that you are able to find comfort from these hard times, within your husband.