Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote America!!

I wanted to vote today before I went to work. Silly me, thinking there wouldn't be a line when the polls opened at 6:00 am! Wrong!! I got there at 6:10, and stood in line until 6:50, then I wham-bam voted and raced to work... getting there at the stroke of 7:00! Whew. By the way, it has cooled off significantly, and of course I was not prepared to stand outside in the wind... so I was cold, but it was worth it.
Anyway, I hope you all will take the time to vote today. This is an extremely important election year, and 'lil old you CAN make your voice heard!
I am wearing red, white and blue today, an American flag necklace, and my "I Voted" sticker proudly on my shirt!

Just a funny-odd sidenote, I dreamt that I met Sarah Palin last night, and she was super cool. We became friends and just hung out. I really like her! :)

2 comments:

Harmony said...

I voted too! Boy was this election insane..and I cannot tell you enough how glad I am that it is over.

The funny thing about my election day is that Ant and I voted for the same person. We can hardly talk politics, he is ultra Republican and I am a middle of the road Mary Non-Partisan...so I only had and idea of who he would vote for, and as it turned out he didn't vote for that person at all. It was kind of endearing knowing we voted for the same guy...even if it was for different reasons ;-)

Cary McNeal said...

Good for you for standing in line in the cold. In 2004 I went to vote and it was pouring down rain and the line outside was about a mile long, so I left. Shame on me. Not this time, though. I voted, and like you I wore my sticker with pride.